ESAB Xpanse Virtual Welding and Cutting Event Offers Immersive Experience to Rival Fabtech Booth
November 11, 2020
Annapolis Junction, Md. – While nothing can substitute for the in-person trade shows that have been cancelled this year, the ESAB Xpanse virtual event provides visitors with all of the information, education and connections they’ve come to expect from the ESAB trade show booth, which is renowned for the best interactive experience at FABTECH. ESAB Xpanse will be live from November 18 to 20, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
“Product experts, educational information, discussion panels, instructional series, ESAB University, daily sweepstakes, special show pricing on select products and “buy now” capabilities — if we could include it as part of ESAB Xpanse, we did,” says Steven Molenda, Director of Global Marketing Communications and Marketing Strategies, ESAB. “ESAB has created three days of a virtual welding and cutting community and an industry-first-of-its-kind immersive experience that rivals some of today’s coolest video games”
ESAB Xpanse encompasses 17 stations containing 70 different products for visitors to explore. Visitors can “walk the booth” with their mouse and keyboard, visit specific product areas and sections of the booth or take a guided tour based on preference. Because live demos aren’t an option for attendees, ESAB has created approximately 30 new videos with its product experts for an in-depth understanding. A calendar shows daily events and an overview map lets users skip to any station.
Drilling down to a product, visitors can download product fact sheets, brochures and case studies; participate in ongoing interactive chats and view all kinds of product videos. Additional content is available in a carousel-style photo album, offering a multitude of product photos such as panel display, included accessories and other key product features.
The virtual event features ESAB University, ESAB’s extremely popular dedicated learning area at FABTECH. The complete calendar of events is available at esab.com/xpanse, but this year’s industry experts, educators and influencers conducting educational sessions include:
- Stephanie Hoffman - UnderGround MetalWorks
- Jason Becker - Arc Junkies Podcast
- Bob Moffatt - Welding Instructor
- Scott Raabe - Precision Welding Academy and ESAB Elite
- Ian Johnson - FourWheeler, Big Tire Garage, Official ESAB Spokesperson
- James Flatman – Cruising Kitchens and ESAB Elite
Click schedule for larger view.
“Courses will be made available to stream immediately after they premiere. Knowing that visitors will be tuning in from numerous time zones, we will also offer some evening or after-hours sessions that will be relaxed, more fun and engaging,” says Molenda. “All of the ESAB University classes will be manned with live personnel to answer questions real-time, encourage feedback and create community with our participants. By connecting our people, processes and technology, we aim to show visitors how they can shape the future of their business with ESAB at their side.”
Contests and Sweepstakes
ESAB Xpanse will offer four different visitor contests: general sweepstakes, product video participation, ESAB University participation and a scavenger hunt that entails looking for hidden “X”s throughout the virtual booth. Prizes include Rogue™ welders, Cutmaster® plasma cutters, Sentinel™ A50 helmets and more.
Featured Product Areas
ESAB will highlight the following product areas at Xpanse:
- Cutting Automation: From pipe cutting to drilling, ESAB will showcase a variety of cutting automation solutions, such as the new Hydrocut™ HDX large-gantry waterjet cutting system and Auto Drill 30 fully automated drilling system.
- Arc Equipment: For the most demanding applications, the new Warrior® 750i CC/CV power source and Aristo® 500ix pulsing power source lead ESAB’s Arc Equipment area. Along with the power and portability of the Renegade series and Rebel family, visitors will experience the compact Rogue inverter, which offers the best-in-class Stick/TIG performance.
- Wire Feeders: New Robust Feed Pulse and Robust Feed U6 wire feeders join the ergonomic Robust Feed Pro wire feeder. These feeders provide shop-level performance and control in a durable package that offers the industry’s only IP44 “rain proof” rating.
- MIG Guns: ESAB is launching the Tweco Fusion Pro 7W and 9W water-cooled MIG guns for high-amperage welding with solid and cored wires and Tweco MXH 420W PP (push-pull) water-cooled gun for MIG aluminum and longer reach applications.
- PPE: In addition to the Sentinel A50, the Savage A40 PAPR with Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) technology provides heavy duty protection from welding fume and particulates.
- Filler Metals: New filler metals include Shield Bright NiCrMo3-T1, a 625-type electrode for manual and automatic flux cored wide-weave welding, and Cryo-Shield Ni9, a NiCrMo alloy flux cored wire. Notably, ESAB has expanded the Sureweld family of Stick welding electrodes and packaged the 3/32- and 1/8-in. diameter electrodes in 1- and 5-lb. resealable plastic tubes.
- Digital Solutions: WeldCloud Notes PQR/WPS document management software, part of its ESAB Digital Solutions suite of online management tools, saves time and reduces human error related to PQR, WPS and WPQ generation and management. Other digital solutions for plate optimization, quality assurance and more will be on display.
- Gas Equipment: The new Victor Medalist 350 Classic Outfit for heavy-duty cutting and welding will be exhibited, along with the legendary Victor EDGE and Journeyman regulators/outfits.
- Specialty Gas: GCE Valves and Druva PUR Gas Control Panel will be highlighted along with Victor D1G Pilot-Domeload hybrid regulator.
- Manual Plasma: The Cutmaster hand-held plasma cutting family will be showcased along with the Cutmaster Black Series of enhanced plasma cutting consumables, which extend operating life by 60 percent compared to standard life electrodes.
- TD Automation: Experience Ultra-Cut XT high-precision automated plasma systems and QuickPierce Technology, which reduces piercing time by up to 40 percent on thick mild steel up to 2 in.
- Welding Automation: Aristo 1000 AC/DC SAW, VersoTrac and PipeWeld Orbiter are just three welding automation solutions highlighted for increased productivity.
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products is a recognized leader in the welding and cutting industry. From time-honored processes in welding and cutting to revolutionary technologies in welding and cutting automation, ESAB’s filler metals, equipment, and accessories bring solutions to customers around the globe. For more information, call 1-800-ESAB123.