In support of educators and your students, ESAB is pleased to announce the 2015 “A Cut Above” student contest. With no purchase necessary to enter, students could win cash prizes, and schools can win free cutting and welding equipment.
The contest begins August 24, 2015, and ends on December 31, 2015, and is open to all students who are currently enrolled in a welding instructional program at a secondary, post-secondary, technical, or vocational school*. Students may choose to participate in either of the following two categories:
- Individual Category - A currently enrolled welding student may enter by submitting an essay supporting one or more aspects of the contest theme "A Cut Above"(500 words or less).
- Team Category - A group of students (2 – 5 members per group) who have cutting and welding experience may enter by submitting and documenting a Team Metal Fabrication Project, under the supervision of their welding instructor.
There will be three winners within the Individual Category who will each receive a $250 cash award.
Three student teams will be chosen from the Team Category, with winning members each receiving a $500 cash award. Winners will be notified on or before February 1, 2016.
In addition to the cash awards for students, each school that sponsors a winning student or team will receive a free cutting and welding package consisting of:
- One (1) ESAB Migmaster® 215 Pro Ready-to-Weld Package
- One (1) Victor® Medalist 250 Medium Duty Cutting System
- One (1) Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster™ 42 Air Plasma Cutting Outfit
- Two (2) ESAB Aristo® Tech HD high definition welding helmets
Click here to download the individual entry form.
Click here to download the team entry form.
Click here to download the official contest rules.
Entry tips from a 2014 Team Winner.