ESAB to Offer Hands-On Welding and Cutting Demonstrations, Contests and Giveaways at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017
March 2, 2017
Florence, S.C. - ESAB Welding and Cutting will offer hands-on demonstrations of its products for arc welding, plasma cutting, oxy-acetylene cutting, carbon-arc gouging, exothermic cutting and personal protective equipment at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017, March 7 to 11. Look for the ESAB Solutions Tour Truck in the Gold Lot #2622, located across the street from the Las Vegas Convention Center on the west side of Paradise Rd.
When ESAB says hands-on demonstrations, we mean booth visitors' hands. Users will be able to experience the performance, power and precision of ESAB equipment for themselves. ESAB equipment available for demonstration includes several products becoming commercially available at or near show time.
- Rebel™ EMP 235ic features a true multi-process output, sMIG ("smart MIG"), a TFT color display and accepts 12-inch wire spools. It weighs 53 lbs. boasts a 235-amp rated output at 40% duty cycle (maximum output is 250 amps/30 volts), giving Rebel 235ic the best power-to-weight ratio in its category.
- Renegade™ ES 300i Stick/TIG inverter packs a 300-amp output @ 40% duty cycle in a 33-lb. package and features the industry's most durable case. It offers best-of-class 7018 and 6010 arc performance, an easy-to-carry design and a memory function.
- Sentinel™ A50 auto-darkening helmet features 5-point Halo™ headgear for ultimate comfort, an externally activated grind button, a backlit LCD touch screen users can see in any light conditions and the ability to change protective covers in 10 seconds.
- Victor ® EDGE™ 2.0 high-capacity regulator features a new modular gauge design with an extra large 2-1/2-in. delivery gauge and an offset, smaller gauge for cylinder pressure. High-contrast, color-coded gauge faces enable users to more easily see and set cylinder pressure. Users may also get a sneak peak at the upcoming Victor Plus combination torch, featuring the CA 2460+ cutting attachment with ergonomic cutting oxygen lever and WH 315FC+ handle with enhanced gas control valves.
- Thermal Dynamics ® Cutmaster ® 60i packs more power per pound than any other plasma cutter. It weighs 37 pounds, has a maximum output of 60 amps, delivers a maximum sever thickness of 1-1/2 in. and produces a recommended cut on 5/8 in. steel at 19 ipm. An over-size digital display clearly conveys information and can be viewed from a distance, even in direct sunlight.
CONEXPO visitors can also use manual and automatic Arcair ® carbon-arc gouging and Arcair SLICE® exothermic cutting systems. SLICE systems are popular for construction equipment maintenance, as they can help remove frozen pins and literally cut through anything (including concrete blocks). An ESAB expert will slice through a railroad rail in about 75 seconds to demonstrate SLICE's cutting power.
ESAB will hold nine oxy-acetylene cutting contests where the person with the fastest time cutting through an I-beam will win a Victor Cutter Select outfit featuring the ST900FC straight torch and Victor EDGE regulators. In addition, anyone who participates in an equipment demonstration will automatically be entered for a chance to win one of four products: Rebel 215 or Rebel 235 multi-process welder, Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42 plasma cutter or Renegade ES300i Stick/TIG welder. Each winner will also receive a Sentinel™ A50 auto-darkening welding helmet. For those not attending the show, ESAB is offering an opportunity to win a Sentinel A50 auto-darkening welding helmet in its ESAB Tough Online Giveaway.ESAB Welding & Cutting Products, established in 1904, is a recognized leader in the welding and cutting industry. From time-honored processes in welding and cutting to revolutionary technologies in mechanized cutting and automation, ESAB's welding filler metals, equipment, and accessories bring solutions to customers around the globe. For more information about ESAB and its leading brands, visit www.esab.com or call 1-800-ESAB-123.
ESAB products available for hands-on demonstrations at CONEXPO 2017 include its
breakthrough products for 2017. Featured (L-R) are the Renegade ES300i Stick/TIG inverter,
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60i plasma cutter, Rebel 235 welders, Victor EDGE 2.0 regulator,
Sentinel A50 helmet and Rebel 215 welders.