- Drastically different gauges – EDGE 2.0 incorporates color-coded, incredibly clear, and easy-to-read gauges right into the regulator body.
- Rearranged for the better – The unique configuration of the regulator makes it possible for every critical feature – pressure gauges, diaphragm assembly, seat mechanism, safety relief device, and outlet and hose-end connections – to be within the gas cylinder profile for a higher level of protection.
- Rugged diaphragm – EDGE 2.0’s stainless steel diaphragm has been tested to 50,000 endurance cycles – five times the industry standard – to ensure maximum lifespan.
- Superior flow – Expect a consistent flow over a wide range of cylinder pressures from EDGE 2.0.
- Reassuring warranty – The entire EDGE Series 2.0 is backed by Victor’s five-year warranty.
- Impact-absorbing knob – The knob on EDGE 2.0 is supported by SLAM™ (Shock Limitation and Absorption Mechanism) technology that protects the regulator with a three-stage crumple system.
- Purposeful outlet positioning – The outlet points down on EDGE 2.0, out the rear of the regulator – a safer placement because it shifts the hose-related hazards away from the user.
- Visual safety – Crucial specs are communicated clearly with color-coding, gas-specific labeling, and symbols.
- Internal particle trap – Two elements – the primary particle trap and the secondary diffuser – minimize the amount of contaminant energy that reaches the seat, reducing the chance of an explosion or a fire.
- Proven by trial – EDGE 2.0 exceeds industry standards for fault tolerance in oxygen use (resistance to catching fire and burning), passing both ISO and CGA heated-oxygen impact tests as well as the ASTM G175 promoted ignition test.
Ease of Use.
- Improved accessibility – EDGE 2.0 has a significantly wider cylinder valve clearance for easier and quicker connecting and disconnecting.
- Tactile adjustment knob – The updated knob design is easier to grip and points away from the user for a more natural hand/body position.
- Intuitive gauges – The extra-large, offset 2.5-inch delivery gauge is easy to read and provides more information than the average regulator.
Plus Series Torch.
In addition to the EDGE 2.0 regulator, the CA 2460+ cutting attachment and WH 315FC+ welding handle are also newly available and vastly improved.
- Advanced flashback arrestor – Enjoy the built-in features you love but none of those all-too-common flow restrictions.
- More communicative valves – Small labels – open/close, on/off, oxy/fuel – have been added to help guide more-novice users.
- Improved field reparability – The user-friendly design of the Plus Series allows for immediate replacement of the plunger and easy access to the mixer.
- Ergonomic handling – Upgraded contouring makes for easier use with gloved hands, while the curved lever can be triggered with the palm or the thumb.
- Tougher where it counts – When we watched craftsmen work, we saw they use their torches as hammers and scrapers, so we reinforced the most-used areas with additional materials to increase longevity.